Movies are a universal form of entertainment. What better way to spend your break then cuddled up in a blanket watching winter themed movies? Here are the top six movies to watch over winter break.
- Home Alone. Home Alone never fails to amuse. The whole movie is centered around Kevin McCallister, a bratty kid who acted out the day before the whole family’s big trip to Paris. His mother makes him sleep up in the attic. Sadly, the whole family forgets about him and leaves for Paris, leaving 8 year old Kevin home alone. The plot thickens when he finds out two guys want to rob his home. What precautions will he take to save his home? Watch this movie to find out.
- Frosty the Snowman. This movie is a classic that most of us remember from our childhood. This movie is about a snowman who is alive because of a magic hat. The neighborhood kids have a lot of fun with him, but what will happen when it starts to grow warmer outside? Will Frosty melt?
- Polar Express. In the middle of the night, a young boy takes a train ride with other children to the North Pole. The children are all skeptic of the “Magic of Christmas”, but what they find at the North Pole leads them to believe otherwise.
- Ice Age. Traveling back to prehistoric times, this movie centers around animals such as wooly mammoths, saber tooth tigers, sloths and a scrat (a squirrel and rat combo). These animals all migrate south to avoid frostbite from the extreme cold. Something surprising happens next, which will send a chill up your spine.
- Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer. This movie is about Rudolf, a reindeer that isn’t like the rest. Rudolf sticks out with his red nose, and gets bullied by the other reindeer. Rudolf struggles to find his place among the other reindeer.
- The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. The Grinch is a very grumpy person who hates Christmas. He thinks it’s foolish. He devises a plan to steal Christmas away from the people of whoville. Will he be successful? Watch the movie to find out!
By Mia Braico