Now that the leaves are changing colors and autumn is in the air, the Thanksgiving holiday is finally here! Here are the 10 things you can do over the long weekend to make the most of your time.
- Sleep in. High schoolers get far too few hours a night, so take this opportunity to sleep in and replenish your health.
- Catch up on homework. Although it’s not fun to do homework during break, this is a great chance to catch up on missing assignments.
- Get a head start on schoolwork. Likewise, you can take this opportunity to work ahead and create less stress for yourself when break is over. It makes easing back into school easier!
- Watch movies. Grab a bowl of popcorn, a blanket, and family to watch movies while cozy at home! Or, you can go out to the cinema with friends and see the latest releases (check out our movie reviews!)
- Rake the leaves. Now that the leaves have turned beautiful shades and are falling, it’s time to clean them up! This is a great way to get fresh air and work in an appetite for Thanksgiving.
- Jump in a leaf pile. Reward your hard work of raking the leaves and have fun! Just make sure not to go too wild, or you might end up having to re-rake your lawn.
- Go Black Friday shopping. Millions of Americans splurge in Black Friday shopping. Pay a visit to a couple of your favorite stores to take advantage of the great deals they offer. Make sure to go early, though; the lines get long fast!
- Cook new meals. The most well-known and loved part of Thanksgiving is the enormous dinner! Spice it up this fall and help out with cooking the meal. Try out new recipes; you might just find a new family tradition!
- Bake a pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie is a famous fall treat loved by many. Nothing beats a nice, homemade dessert, so explore the possibilities of customizing your pumpkin pie this year!
- Eat lots of food. The holidays are a time to relax and enjoy yourself! Indulge in delicious food, partake in fun activities, and make memories this Thanksgiving!
By Jessica Jiang
Categories: Student Life