This is my grandmother’s recipe and has been in my family for three generations. It’s a good way to start your day, and school year, off right!
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon oil
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and whisk together.
- Pour wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredients and stir thoroughly.
- On a greased electric griddle or greased flat pan on medium heat, scoop a large spoonful or two onto the pan (about 4 inches in diameter).wait until the top starts bubbling to flip using a spatula, and when both sides are golden, remove from pan.
- Serve with butter and syrup and enjoy!
– Leah Vredenbregt