The annual blood drive is back at Memorial on April 12th, 8:00-2:30pm in the main gym! The Red Cross is low on blood donations, affecting many patients in need of blood.
FUN FACT: YOUR donation of a pint of blood can SAVE three lives.
Fortunately, YOU have the opportunity to save lives. Here are some things to know and then you’re on your way to make a difference!
What you need to know:
- Appointments last about 1 hr
- Bring an ID w/ your birthday on it
- Let teacher(s) know you will be gone, Ms. Donatelli will have passes in the Fox office
- Donors get t-shirts, free food from restaurants, & an entry in a raffle for various prizes!
Steps to donate:
- Get a permission slip (16yr olds only, 15 is too young to donate and 17+ no permission slip needed) and turn into Fox office
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or find us at lunch in the A-Wing foyer from Apr. 9-11 to schedule a time
- Optional: Get the Red Cross Rapid Pass app ahead of time to answer the history questions
We are sponsored by various restaurants and businesses! Donors will have the opportunity to participate in a raffle for prizes ranging from a Pizza Hut Certificate to a free bowling party at Schwoegler’s. Even more, donors will get food! Sponsoring restaurants include, Topper’s, Pizza de Roma, and more!
Please reach out to the following contacts if you have questions:
Evanka Annyapu- email@example.com
Anna Stalsberg- firstname.lastname@example.org
Manasa Kalluri- email@example.com
Priya Mathur- firstname.lastname@example.org
– Evanka Annyapu